Following her performance in the post-apocalyptic horror film, A Quiet Place Part II, Millicent Simmonds was today named one of five nominees for this year’s prestigious EE Rising Star Award, the only BAFTA category voted for by the British public.
The nominees were selected by a jury including BAFTA Chair and award-winning television producer, Krishnendu Majumdar, as well as actors Andy Serkis, Sadie Frost and Michelle Dockery, with the full list outlined below:
· ARIANA DEBOSE: West Side Story
· HARRIS DICKINSON: The King’s Man
· LASHANA LYNCH: No Time To Die,
· MILLICENT SIMMONDS: A Quiet Place Part II
· KODI SMIT-MCPHEE: The Power of The Dog
Voting is now open at ee.co.uk/BAFTA and the winner will be announced at the EE BAFTA Film Awards on Sunday 13th March 2022 on BBC One.